I said the Donkey all Shaggy and Brown


Santa brought stockings full of chocolates and treats.

We loved having most of the presents in cloth bags. We noticed how quiet the unwrapping was--none of that dramatic....r...i....p--and how little trash we had. Instead of a huge garbage bag, we ended up with this:

After a long, lazy morning of opening gifts and digging into our new books and games, Nels and I took a walk to a nearby donkey farm.

I sang carols to the donkeys and the entire herd came up to the fence to listen.
"I said the donkey all shaggy and brown..."

We ended our day with a feast and a family showing of "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe".

It was a lovely day.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (December 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM)  

How lovely. You must be at peace after such a blessed time together.

Nan  – (December 29, 2010 at 9:51 PM)  

Lovely! Where is the donkey farm??

Anonymous –   – (December 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM)  

such a gift you gave those donkeys!

peace keep you.

J.G.  – (December 30, 2010 at 8:21 AM)  

What a delightful way to spend Christmas Day!

Dawn  – (December 30, 2010 at 7:13 PM)  

I love that photo of the cute donkey, covered in snow. I'm glad that it was a good Christmas for you and your family. Happy New Year!

renee ~ heirloom seasons  – (December 30, 2010 at 8:47 PM)  

Oh my goodness, I love donkeys, there are so so sweet!

This was the first year that we had no paper at all under the tree. We don't have official gift bags but I always wrap our gifts in fabric. I have noticed in old Christmas photos and videos that I am always obsessively gathering up any wrapping paper as soon as a gift is opened. This year was so much nicer, quietly folding fabric at the end of the morning.

queen of the castle  – (January 4, 2011 at 11:43 AM)  

Beautiful! Love, love, love the straw window stars!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP